Monday, October 10, 2011

Thankful

I really love Thanksgiving-- I love how the holiday kind of sneaks up on you-- you're enjoying summer, heading back to school and then before you know what's happening a pumpkin explosion takes place.  Is it just me or is everyone a little too obsessed with pumpkin these days?  I do love me a PSL, but I mean really... pumpkin pizza?  Sometimes you just shouldn't mess with a good thing.

A couple of days ago I excitedly said to Caleb, "Guess what!  It's Thanksgiving this weekend!!"  His response?  "Awwwww!!!! I HATE turkey!!!"  I think we're going to have to work on that Thankful Tree a little more before the weekend's over :)

But I really have so much to be thankful for-- my always entertaining and awesome kids, my wonderful loving husband who cooks, cleans, and takes care of everything while I'm recovering on the couch, my amazing family, all of my fantastic friends,  a wonderful home for my family, food to eat (turkey included), health and safety.  My life is so full.  But more than anything-- I am thankful for my loving Heavenly Father who is the giver of these good gifts.  Year after year-- no matter what the circumstance-- He never changes.  He is all that I need.

So on this rainy Thanksgiving Monday-- we're cozying up in our sweaters, drinking some coffee (I am-- not the kids) and enjoying life together.

These kids.  Melt my heart.



Do you ever look at your child-- post meal-- and suddenly feel so overwhelmed at the task of cleaning them up?  Food on the floor, on the wall, on her face, on her clothes, in her hair, up her nose.  Seriously.  I love it.


And this picture was not taken this morning (there's no sun today!) but it's too cute not to post.  For a someone who refuses to learn how to walk-- Eme is remarkably skilled at wreaking havoc on my house.  She is determined to get into EVERYTHING... and she's pretty proud of her accomplishments. Cutest troublemaker ever.




Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

3 comments:

Dan and Lynn said...

Great post Elissa! Your kids are adorable!! I can't believe how much Emerson looks like you in the last photo:). Anyway, hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Carol said...

Hard to believe that cute little girl could be a troublemaker! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Well said, Elissa. Happy Thanksgiving to your household!

Bernice