Wednesday, April 11, 2012

In No Particular Order...

This week's been a busy one... pulling together some things for work... taking a trip into Vancouver to take pictures of a house that was renovated... taking the kids to the zoo... puttering around the yard... working on a sewing project... BBQ-ing, BBQ-ing, and more BBQ-ing... all good things!  But today it's a little rainy and I felt the need to sit down with a cup of coffee and just look at pretty things on pinterest.  So, in no particular order-- here are some of the things that inspired me.

Warning-- I'm feeling a little "random" today.  This could get interesting...

A pop of green... spring time in the bathroom is always a good thing.  Spring time in the bathroom--what does that even mean?  I don't know... but it sounded good.


We haven't eaten dinner on our deck yet-- but come summer time-- we're out there pretty much every evening... if only dinner time on our deck looked this pretty... dinner time at our place usually includes kids refusing to eat food, spitting out food, throwing food, and then jumping out of their chairs and bolting for the swing and/or sandbox before we can stop them.

At least dinner time clean up on the deck is easy.  For me it usually involves pulling out the hose and spraying down the the table, chairs, and deck (and the kids-- I wish).  If Doug was to clean up he'd probably pull out the air compressor hose and blow it all off.  Oh how I long for warm summer evenings on the deck...


I bought some boxwoods over the weekend-- now I've just got to find some old galvanized buckets to put them in and try not to kill them.  This could be difficult-- my plant killing skills are legendary.  Hopefully the boxwood's survival skills are stronger than my plant killing skills.

 Doesn't this look so charming?  I always have SUCH good intentions...


Um, so I bought myself a pair of coral skinnies.  And I love them.  If summer was a pair of pants-- I think they'd be coral.  Anyone out there want to disagree?


Another charming bathroom...  This seems like the perfect bathroom to bathe a whole lot of squirming kids...


Speaking of squirming kids in the bath tub...

You may laugh at this-- I did at first-- but honestly I think this is absolutely genius.  FOR REAL.  I wouldn't need this contraption for my youngest kiddo-- my oldest is particular skittish at the thought of getting water in the eyes.  I want one!  Do you think it comes in size 5T?


I warned you that this was going to be random.

This image reminds me that I have a stack of frames I scored at ikea for half price waiting to be hung in my office downstairs.  Gotta get on that!


Cute kitchen clutter.  Not all kitchen clutter is cute (you should see mine right now-- not cute) but this is...


While this bedroom isn't particularly spring-y... I keep coming back to it.  I think it's all the layers that make it interesting...


Okay, that's it.

No, wait... I can't help but throw in a few pictures of the kids.

Waiting to get on the train at the zoo...

Caleb kept trying to play it cool-- but I caught him trying to cover up these HUGE grins as the train took off.  He loves the zoo.

And Eme in her pink croc's.  She's in love with them-- I think she'd wear them to bed if we let her.


K, now I'm done.

What's inspiring you these days??

5 comments:

Haley said...

We have a picture of my sister as a baby (like 20 years ago) with that weird blue thing on. I always thought she was dressing up as the Statue of Liberty (??) but now I know what it's actually for! Brilliant. The mystery is solved.

Trev and Rebekah said...

K you know how I'd love to have you guys over? Well seeing the zoo pics gave me an idea. We can meet there some time for a picnic! We have our pass only till the end of April though.

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

Your kids are so adorable. Those eyes.... those eyes!!!

I'm thinking of doing the metal bucket / planter thing outside on our deck this year. Boxwoods in them??? Oooooh, dreamy!

Flowers2boys said...

Both my boys are freakishly scared on water in their eyes... so i bought one of those head fan things and apparently they were even more freakish about wearing it! they love wearing hats - but that thing apparently note - so it was a tub chew toy or a raft for hotwheels!

I love boxwood too... but they always die - maybe it is their fault and not ours!

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design said...

Lovely pictures! I love the green in the bathroom