Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Granny Glam

Phase one of introducing pink to Emerson's room in now complete.
I still have a few more things to add, but I thought I'd give you a quick update!


The Keep Calm poster is in place.  A couple of people have asked where I got it.  I ordered the poster from the KeepCalmPosters shop on Etsy.  There were lots of different colors to choose from-- I went with Raspberry Kisses in the 13x19 size.  I already had a frame for it at home (found in the as is section at Ikea for 10 bucks)-- all I needed was a custom cut matte to fit the poster.  I went to Michaels, and it was going to be $40 to have it cut-- too much in my books.  So I picked up a $10 "cut your own matte", used my 40% coupon, and gave it to Doug to figure out.  He did a fabulous job!  When it came time to hang it up Doug thought that we should put it over the change table... he figured that it would be a good reminder when we're in the midst of tackling a nasty diaper.  But in the end we both agreed that it worked better on this wall.


I picked up this cute little gold number at Home Sense and popped in Emerson's ultrasound picture.


My next project was to DIY a crib sheet.  I feel like I've looked everywhere to find a crib sheet that I like, and I can never find anything.  Last week I was in Zellers and found a twin sheet set in this granny-ish floral print for $19.99.  I thought it was so cute.  I brought it home, cut down the flat sheet, sewed in some elastic around the bottom and made a sheet to fit Emerson's crib.  It was so easy-- why have I not done this yet?!!  I plan to save the  original fitted sheet and pillow case for later when she moves into a real bed.  I figure I have enough fabric left over to make a couple of throw pillows too.  As I was cutting it out I thought to myself, "this room is totally going to be granny glam."  I love it!



That's all I have for now!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous! LOVE the 'granny glam!' :)

Lisa said...

Super. I am definitely getting the Keep Calm and Carry Over in a Lisa B inspired colour palette, and it's goin' in my office!

LB