Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What I got for Christmas

If you guessed coffee table-- you guessed right!
And I love it.  LOVE it.


I originally saw this coffee table from Urban Barn and liked it.  But, as I was shopping at Hudson Madison here in town I found this beauty.  I liked the style a lot better... and it was significantly cheaper.  I snapped a picture and ever so discreetly sent Doug the picture-- and he did good :)


The kids can't really do much to dent and scratch the top of this table-- it's already rustic and beautiful.


Oh, and you may have noticed my new pillows.  I ordered the ikat fabric from Buy Fabrics a LONG time ago and waited weeks for its arrival.  Finally I got the parcel slip in the mail.  After THREE trips to the local Canada post office they finally informed me that my package was missing.  They had no idea where it was.  Great.  So I called Canada Post directly and after a half hour the very nice lady on the phone was able to find it for me.... all the way across town at a different post office location.  So I quickly got in my car and drove down there as fast as I could before it disappeared again.

I only ordered one yard of the material-- it was a little bit more expensive than the fabric I usually order (a whole $22.95 a yard!!) so I found a cheap cotton twill at Fabricland in a coordinating color and used it on the back.  So, I got three pillows out of that one yard-- not bad.

(sidenote-- I actually was happy with Buy Fabrics-- I'm blaming the long wait time on Canada post.  It was easy to order and their international shipping rates were considerably cheaper than some of the other sites that sold this particular fabric)



And one more new living room addition.  After having an exercise bike on display for several months I finally sent it back to the rental store. (yippee!!)  The space behind the couch was feeling so empty-- it really needed something.  So I picked up this white console table from Ikea and added a mirror we already had in the basement.  I found the big basket at Home Sense in the clearance section and the lamp and other pretty things I already had.  Looks so much better!  And it's functional-- I now have yet another place to lose store my keys and stash all the kids coats and winter gear.


And that is the current state of my living room.  I'm loving it.  It's bright and white but not too girly when it's mixed with some of the more rustic elements.  Hope you like it!

10 comments:

mapleleavessycamoretrees said...

Your living room is beautiful! So bright and clean. Love the new additions--that coffee table is the perfect way to bring in some warmth and character.

Anonymous said...

Also love the addition of your B-day pictures. Love Mom

Gord and Andrea said...

man you take beautiful pictures :)

Bonnie said...

OH.MY.WOOOOORD. Love it ALL! Your living is honestly something out of a House & Home magazine. So impressive. So gorgeous. I adore that coffee table. Nice work Dougy! ;)

KDees said...

Indeed! Great work, Doug! Love the coffee table too! Your living room looks great!

Carol said...

I like your coffee table - Your husband takes a hint well!

Flowers2boys said...

Elissa that coffee table is beautiful - great find and purchase to the both of you!
i might be crazy here but when i was looking at your pics i was imagining your corner chairs arms and legs painted out in a white - gloss perhaps - maybe it was just the way the pictures are taken - but i think it could be pretty amazing (love the fabric though - that is a keeper)

Krista said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your new coffee table. I'm hoping to find something similar when I finally replace my $20 DIY one. The dimensions for our small living room will be tricky.

By the way, I began following your blog recently and I really love your home.

I tagged you today in a blogger game. http://www.kjandco.ca

Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse said...

I LOVE the new coffee table and your space is gorgeous too. The photo is really magazine quality which is such a treat.

Amanda @ Heart Tree Home said...

I love that IKEA console table... Do you mind sharing what it's called? I'm looking for something similiar...