Monday, February 06, 2012

A Yummy Dessert

So I was bringing a dessert to a baby shower last week... and was wanting to try something different-- sometimes I get a little sick of cupcakes (gasp!).  I stumbled upon an idea to make mini fruit pizzas-- and was sold.  I mean-- just look at how pretty they are!


They were also exceptionally easy.  All you do is:
  • Make up a batch of sugar cookies-- use your favorite recipe.  Roll them out and cut into circles.  When you bake the cookies make sure they aren't too soft so they won't crumble when you pile them full of toppings.
  • Once the cookies have cooled you top them with a cream cheese spread-- beat together 8 oz of cream cheese, 1/2 cup of icing sugar, and 3 tablespoons of frozen limeade concentrate.  It's delicious!
  • Top with fruit-- I used fresh blueberries, strawberries, and kiwi-- any berry would be fantastic.

They were amazing.  Caleb was in heaven-- the only thing he loves more than cookies would have to be fruit.  Obviously this dessert was a smashing success with him...



I'm definitely going to make these again.

5 comments:

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

Mmmmmm, pretty please send one over to my house........

Trev and Rebekah said...

Isaiah might like these

Bonnie said...

Fantastic idea! They look DE-licious.

Visit my site for Atlantic Highlands NJ house cleaning site info said...

Never made this before and this was a winner. Everyone was eyeing off last slice. Will make this again for sure!

Believe it, Asbestos Lawyers Pasadena said...

Looks so delicious. I want a slice of it right now!