Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Mama Needed a Night Out

Yesterday Doug got home from work, took one look at me, and said "you need to get out of here."  Apparently a little too much of this...


was turning Mama into a crazy person.  I love you Eme, but teaching you how to feed yourself has been slightly challenging.  Lunch time now includes bath time (like I mentioned earlier), laundry time, and clean the entire kitchen time.  Apparently she takes after her brother in more ways than one.

So, after dinner was over-- I threw on my jacket and happily left the kids, the dishes, and bath time/bed time to Doug.  And of course-- I went to Home Sense.

I found so many good things-- so I just had to share!  Here are a few of my favorite finds:


1.  Pretty lamp-- it's a similar shape to the one I found at a thrift store a while back (jury's still out on whether or not to paint... gotta get on that!)
2.  Tufted linen chair-- honestly-- for $300-- it doesn't get much better than this.  I'll take TWO!!  Just kidding Doug :)
3.  Loved these quilted throw blankets-- there were great colors-- soft purple, cream, and green-- wouldn't they be fantastic for a baby's room?  At $24 each-- I think so!
4 & 5.  Every time I pop into Home Sense I find bus roller prints-- and every time I'm tempted to pick one up!  Just look at how great they look...

via Effortless Style blog


So tempting... just gotta find the right spot in this house!  Maybe I could find a spot for one in the basement... hmmm...

6.  glass lamp-- classic shape.  Would look good in just about anyone's house.
7.  Pillows with jute braid trim-- They came in every color-- and were really well made.  They look almost identical to the pillows at Pottery Barn but instead of $49.45 for JUST the cover-- you get a the pillow cover and down insert for $19 - $25-- depending on the size.  Not too bad, Home Sense-- Not too bad!!
8.  Starburst mirror-- there were a few of them left in the clearance section.  Would look great above a bed... any takers?
9.  Another lamp-- I wasn't a huge fan of the shade (kind of looked like cork) but the base was awesome.

It was the perfect night out-- just me and Home Sense :)  Who knows... maybe I'll be heading back to snag one of these finds...

6 comments:

Team AC said...

nice work, glad you got to get out... good on Doug for noticing!
~Corinna

stephanie joy said...

nice... i love home sense too.
too far to go on a whim though... about 45 mins away.
glad you got an evening out.
should i look really pathetic when my hubby gets home today so i can try to get a night out too?!?
;)
thanks for the idea!
haha!

Elissa said...

you totally should Stephanie! Do it!

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

Homesense and I have a special bond.

;)

Great finds!

mapleleavessycamoretrees said...

Evenings out alone are awesome, aren't they? I ALWAYS come home refreshed and ready to see my boys. Never been to HS, though. I know. I'm like the only blogger who's never been there...but after your amazing finds, I might have to swing by soon. Glad you enjoyed your evening out:)

Bonnie said...

First of all, I love it that Doug just had to look at you to know, and be wise enough to offer, you a night out.
Second of all, I love that you're truly a girl after my own heart. I would've grabbed a Starbucks and headed to HomeSense too... if I had the choice ;)
Glad you enjoyed your much deserved night out!