Friday, February 10, 2012

The Start of Something New

Well-- as you may have already figured out-- I decided not to go back to my old job after finishing up my maternity leave.  I kept meaning to blog about the fact that I had left the "working" world, but somehow I never got around to it.

BUT...

I've decided to jump back into the working world.  Kind of.  I don't really think of it as "work" because it's actually really fun and because my business partner is kind of awesome.  My friend Andrea and I decided to start our own interior decorating business!  We're pretty excited about the whole thing.  And after many hours of meeting, and planning, and organizing we're finally open for business!  Our website is now up and running... you should go check out Lark & Lily Interiors!



One day soon I'll blog more about how the whole business came together-- but for now-- feel free to take a look at the website and if you're looking to hire some decorators-- give us a call :)

12 comments:

KDees said...

Super cool! You'll do great! Congratulations!

kelly ens said...

can't think of two people more suited for this kind of work! :) awesome!

Erica said...

yay! Good work my friend. I wish you & Andrea success in your new venture!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Such great news!

Team AC said...

wow, great news! You and Ange will do so well together! Who is designing your website? How did you decide on the name of your business? Are you gonna do staging too (like for when people are selling their house)?

Can't wait to hear more about all this!

~Corinna

Kara said...

Hi Elissa,

I've been reading your blog for sometime now, so I thought it was high time for me to introduce myself. I have to say that your design and style are inspirational beautiful to boot! Just last week I attempted to make a similar headboard to the one you made - it worked out beautifully if I do say so myself.

~Kara

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} said...

Congrats on the new venture! Having a job doing what you love is never a job! It is just fun everyday!

mapleleavessycamoretrees said...

Congrats on the new venture! How exciting:) Love the name!

Flowers2boys said...

Congrats! I will be sure to check it out!

Melissa said...

Yup - I think you've found your calling. Without a doubt - you will be GREAT!

Rosa @ FlutterFlutter said...

Congratulations Elissa. You are obviously a natural!! Look forward to seeing some of your future jobs!

christine, just bella said...

Yay! So exciting, congrats on the new venture, Elissa!!