Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Monkey Time

*** WARNING***

*** if you refer to me as mom or auntie you are NOT ALLOWED to read this!!!***

In addition to my regular Christmas shopping, I decided to make sock monkeys for my kids and my niece and nephews because they really are just so cute-- the monkeys AND the kids. Although sometimes the kids become monkeys too... 

I need to make 6 sock monkeys in total.  No big deal... how hard could it be?  Well, turns out that making a sock monkey is not all that difficult-- finding the time to do all that hand sewing when the kids aren't around has proved to be a little tricky!  I've got 4 done... 2 left to go...


Guess I should probably quit monkeying around and get to work.
No more monkey business for me.
I need to get this done before I go bananas...

15 comments:

Carol said...

They are so cute!

Erica said...

adorable! have you ever made mini sock monkeys with kid sized socks? HEART MELTING!!

Flowers2boys said...

WOW you should start a business... those are beautiful! - and you could sew little outfits to be sold seperately....

Just think of all the bananas you could buy!

Elissa said...

hahaha... all the bananas I could buy... that was a good one :)

Jamie said...

These turned out adorable!
And Doug must be so proud of all your monkey puns :)

Elissa said...

Oh you know it Jamie-- as I was typing out all those monkey puns I kept thinking that Doug would be so proud :)

Melissa said...

Great idea! I want to try this with my students. Did you use a template from the internet?

Anonymous said...

I love your monkeys. Maybe not so hard to make in concept, but they look perfectly made.

Bonnie said...

You're hilarious. And oh so talented. I hate you. In a good way, of course :)

Trev and Rebekah said...

You are just so creative. They look great.

Carol said...

Will you be sharing the pattern and your tips to make them so successful?

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! Found it through the Barn Light Electric Blog!
Was wondering where you got the white picture frames in your bathroom with the pictures of your son? I've been looking for frames like this and can't find!

Thanks!
Melissa

Elissa said...

Hi Melissa! The picture frames in my bathroom (the one with the fish and the two of my son brushing his teeth) are from Ikea. They are the Ribba frames. Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

Very helpful! Thanks!
I don't live near an Ikea (Saskatoon actually) so probably why I haven't found any similar :)

I will have to make a trip to Edmonton!

Melissa

Team AC said...

I LOVE your monkeys!! Well done, Elissa!
~Corinna