Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Cuteness overload

We've been doing a little babysitting over the past few days-- and I'm pretty sure there is nothing cuter than a bunch of kids running around in flannel pj's... especially when they are a few of my favorite kiddos :)  We've done some fun stuff... like watching the Grinch...


Snuggling all together for bedtime stories...


Last night I gave the kids some sugar cookies, a couple of bags of icing, and a whole lot of sprinkles and let the go nuts.  And go nuts they did.  

Let's just say there was a sprinkle catastrophe of epic proportions in my dining room.  And as I was running out the door this morning I glanced in the mirror to discover hard crusty green icing in my hair.

But it sure was fun.


And of course... I joined them in the cookie decorating.  I couldn't help myself.  And the kids said that my cookies were the "most beautiful cookies ever."


That really means "Auntie... I would like another icing covered sugar cookie to eat before bed please."  And being the sucker that I am-- I gave them cookies... of course.  Because that's what Aunties do :)

2 comments:

KDees said...

Wow, the cookies you decorated look amazing, Elissa! So do the kids' of course, but the effort you put in is alot more than me, that's for sure! Good on you for doing that with ALL the kids! You must be the favorite auntie! :)

Bonnie said...

Those ARE the most beautiful cookies ever. And I hear ya on kids in flannel pyjamas. I sure miss my little nieces and nephews at this time of year :( I can see why yours probably think you're the best auntie ever :) So fun.