Monday, January 09, 2012

Some Favorite Things-- The Iphone Edition

So I've been a little iphone snap happy over the past few weeks.  Here are a few of my new favorite things-- all courtesy of my iphone.  This post is random-- prepare thyself accordingly.

I found these fantastic counting bird wall cards at Chapters the other day.  Each card fits into an 8x10 frame-- I'm soooo tempted to buy them for Eme's room-- especially since I scored a stack of frames from Ikea at half price during boxing day.  Hmmm... decisions, decisions.


And if the birds are too girly they also have these animal alphabet cards or the read to me wall cards.  Reading and counting-- it's never too soon to start the educating... right?


Another favorite thing.  Caleb's new found love of celery.  Before dinner the other night he ate several stalks (with dip-- of course) and kept going on and on about how great celery tastes and how he could eat it every day.  He's also decided that the peppers I put in spaghetti sauce are the "best part"  and after several months of detesting crusts he's informed Doug and I that they are the best part of toast.  Caleb now sits at the table each morning and happily chews the crust off the perimeter of his toast before eating the inside.  Go figure.



And I'm also loving Eme's hair. It's been growing like crazy.  She's such a cutie.


I love my new scarf.  Found it on boxing day at the gap for a steal of a deal.  I just love winter outerwear accessories.  Fantastic scarves and hats are my new favorite thing.  Oh, and I may be slightly obsessed with fantastic boots :)  But who isn't?



Now enough about winter!  This morning was a super fantastic beautiful day!  It almost felt like spring (although it's starting to look a little miserable outside right now as I type)  But, it reminded me of all the spring stuff that's coming out in the stores!!!  It gets me so excited... 

Superstore put away all their Christmas decor and pulled out all kinds of pillows and throw blankets in fun spring-y colors.  

Stripes...


Zig zags...



Love the pillows-- don't like the inserts.  I'd probably rip them open and replace them with down filled Ikea ones.  They'd look and feel so much better.

Striped fleece blankets-- would look so stinking cute folded over the edge of the bed in a kid's room... I was tempted... 


And, that's it.  Happy Monday!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! I need to get me to superstore!
-Sharon

Jamie said...

mmm, I love those pillows.
And I totally think you should go for the counting birds. They look super cute!
(Maybe if we have time we should hit up Chapters on Friday too ?)

Elissa said...

you betcha! I'm always in for a chapters trip!!

Bonnie said...

I'm with Jamie! As soon as I saw those counting birds cards, I thought, "Come on Elissa! You HAVE to buy them! How cute would they be in those white frames!?!" :)
And can I just say that I am TOTALLY missing Superstore. Never thought I'd say those words, but its true.

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

Must.Go.To.Superstore.Stat.

;)