Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Not Exactly Picture Perfect

For the last week my living room has not looked like this.


Instead it's looked a lot more like this...


On Saturday I built Caleb the best fort ever-- complete with a tunnel that made its way around the entire room.  Needless to say-- he thought it was pretty fantastic.  Now every day is fort/tunnel building day.

And I try my best to look the other way when the cushions of my white slipcovered couches are dragged all over the house and somehow end up on my dirty kitchen floor.

And every evening-- instead of crashing onto the couch to watch some TV-- I begin my evening by reassembling my couches.  The cushions are usually stacked up like a tower on the floor somewhere.

Love it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is picture perfect! The picture of your forts will bring back wonderful memories for your kids as they get older. They will know their mommy loves them by how you took care of your home and how you are willing to let them mess it up purely for their enjoyment.

kelly ens said...

ah, nothing like having to disassemble a fort to relax for the evening :)

Amy said...

I'm not sure if you really do love it or if you are being sarcastic! But I'm kind of excited for the day when Hannah starts building forts, I just remember how much fun it was when I was a kid - although, I'm sure I'll get sick of cleaning up after!

Team AC said...

That's awesome! You know what else is good for building forts and tunnels? Moving boxes.
I remember when we got new neighbors when I was little, and their whole garage was full of huge empty moving boxes. We tipped them on their sides, opened them up, and had tunnels going all over the place... such a good memory!