Monday, January 23, 2012

Emerson's Room

My baby girl is growing up!  She's outgrown her change table and it's only a matter of time before I take down the crib and move her into a bed.  As I'm sure you can imagine-- I've been planning out her "big girl" room.

I discovered a new favorite online store-- Schoolhouse Electric & Supply Co.-- they sell the most fabulous vintage inspired lighting, furniture, and home accessories.  Everything I see in their catalog is fantastic.  I saw this bedroom on their site-- and totally fell in love with it.  When I picture how Eme's room should look when she moves into a bed this is how I envision it...


I love all the layers... all the vintage charm.  It's so sweet and pretty-- girly but not over the top.  I was at my local thrift store the other day (yup-- I'm always there!) and found a white vintage looking twin metal bed frame-- just like the picture.  I didn't buy it-- but I'm so tempted to go back to see if it's still there.

Anyhow... first I need a dresser-- than I can figure out the rest of the details for Emerson's room.

But, while I'm talking about Schoolhouse Electric-- how about I show you some of my favorite items...

Isn't this such a fantastic lamp?
It's a little too pricy for someone like me-- but I think it's just gorgeous.


Wool Camp Blankets-- I'd love to cozy up in one of these!  And they'd look fantastic folded over the edge of a bed.


Stripes-- cutest teapot I've seen in a long time...


Kitchen Stools-- look good awesome-- and they're industrial strength-- ready to take a beating from a couple of kids :)


Striped cotton rugs-- a favorite of mine.  This one is pretty awesome... although I do like the $14.99 price tag of the ikea one I found for Caleb a whole lot better :)


Again-- I keep coming back to the stripes.  Love the ticking stripe sheets-- they remind me of the ticking stripe flannel ones I found at Superstore-- although mine were a fifth of the price...


Mirror love.  Would look fantastic in a powder room...


Awesome wall sconce-- would be perfect as bedside lamps, over the kitchen window, or anywhere.  Just fantastic...



And I haven't even started on ALL the fantastic light fixtures they sell!  Well, I probably won't be ordering  any of these items anytime soon-- but Schoolhouse Electric has got some pretty great inspiration.  Definitely worth checking out...

4 comments:

Flowers2boys said...

Cool... I will certainly be checking it out! Perhaps over mondays afternoon tea!

Rosa @ FlutterFlutter said...

Love that beautiful bedroom pic!
If you are ever in Vancouver, that light would be at least 1/3 the cost at the vintage stores along Main Street. ReFind, SpaceLab, etc... those stores are amazing!! I saw a light almost identical the last time I was there. :)

mapleleavessycamoretrees said...

I never knew Schoolhouse Electric had anything but vintage inspired lighting--SO glad you posted about all their other stuff. I'm visiting their website right now:)

Don't know if you saw, but I picked up a metal bed like that for my son's room for free. My neighbor was throwing it out! Now we have big plans for his room--can't wait for it to be finished:)

Bonnie said...

Yup. Love it all. And I totally agree on the charm of that little girl's bedroom. So cute.
Can't wait to see what you do with Eme's room!