Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Thrifty Find


There was this funny space at the end of Caleb's bed that needed something.  Just before Christmas I found this chair at a thrift store.  I love cool chairs.  Especially when they're only $3.  I decided to put my $0.50 thrift store chalkboard up in there too.



It's cute and comfortable.  Speaking of cute... check out my photography assistant.  I'm thinking about changing her middle name to TROUBLE after this morning... as I write this she is throwing every last crumb of food off her tray onto the floor.  I'm going to ignore that...


And something else that's cute.  This makes me smile.


 It's supposed to be a house and a tree-- in case you're wondering.  Oh, and after I hung the chalkboard up Caleb walked into his room, laughed, and said: "that's a great alien tree."  Then he walked out.

7 comments:

Erica said...

Eme is looking more & more like you every time I see her!
Also, nice thrifting work. Now is totally the time to go. Which thrift store? The price tag makes me think not MCC!!!

Elissa said...

It was MCC! But Doug (I sent him on a special trip to pick it up) said the guy who rang it through at the till was double checking the price and was concerned that it had been marked down so much :)

Anonymous said...

Am I seeing things or does Eme's outfit say "I like milk"? That's sort of funny but I guess she probably does like soy milk or whatever substitute she needs to have. It just caught my eye just because of her allergies.
Aunt Char

Elissa said...

we should probably cross it out and make it say "I love almond milk" :)

Team AC said...

Love that chair... it still looks brand-new. Did you re-cover it or something?

Amy said...

Really love that chair. Like, a lot. Almost as much as I like the alien tree.

Bonnie said...

Love the chair. Love that black and white striped blanket. And LOVE that Caleb is drawing such sweet stuff... so cute :)