I love Superstore because...
- Caleb gets a free snack (cookies at the bakery)
- Caleb gets a free lunch. I let him sample every deli meat imaginable before selecting the usual... turkey for me, ham for Caleb, and hungarian salami or some other equally manly lunchmeat for Doug. We've been eating a lot of sandwiches around here lately.
- the carts are big enough to hold Caleb, Emerson in her carseat, and all my groceries.
- The ramp. I always stand on the cart and ride part way down the ramp. I should feel shame... but it's just too much fun.
- There are just way too many things that entertain my kids in that store-- case in point-- announcements over the loudspeaker. The voice from the sky amazes and baffles Caleb every time.
- There are other people there that entertain my children as I'm pushing the cart along.
- I can shop for clothes... for the kids and for myself. Not for Doug... nothing in the store-- or any store for that matter-- fits him. We shop online for him :)
- And finally... I can usually find something fun for the house :)
Sidenote... I totally acknowledge the fact that I seem to blog about Superstore alot (see here and here). Fact is... I spend a lot of time there... for the above reasons.
Back to the point of this post... a few days ago I spotted these awesome canvas storage baskets... a set of 3 for $19!! I had been looking for some sort of attractive storage solution for Emerson's growing collection of toys, so I threw them in my cart and took them home.
The smallest one holds her living room toys.
The medium sized basket is for the ever growing collection of junk that accumulates in the kitchen. Collect and conceal... that seems to be my M.O. when it comes to kitchen clutter.
The largest basket had yet to find its calling... until this morning. When I was in the shower Caleb decided to pack for our trip to visit Nana and Papa. He was quite excited to show me what he had packed for the trip. Toys, books, his Wii remotes, a random box stolen from my bedside table, and believe it or not... his toothbrush AND toothpaste. We've taught him well Auntie Trish :)
I was given strict instructions to not touch it. Apparently everything in there will be needed on the trip.
I didn't have the heart to tell him that we're not leaving for Nana and Papa's until July.
The basket is still packed sitting in the living room :)