Let me recap the highlights of the past 24 hours for you...
1. Superstore treasure hunt #2 took place-- again with much success. As you will observe in the picture below Caleb also enjoyed other things from his Superstore experience.
2. I had the pleasure of hanging out with my niece and nephews last night. The child to adult ratio was a bit extreme at a few moments (5 to 1 in case you're wondering) but in the end we all had quite a bit of fun. After dinner we had a pajama popcorn movie party. I naively put a blanket down on my living room area rug with the hopes of avoiding vacuuming. As can be imagined-- the kids didn't sit as still as this picture depicts.
3. Instead the living room scene usually looked something like this when I poked my head around the corner. The fact that I put in the movie Happy Feet and showed them how to do a penguin dance probably didn't help the cause. Instead of worrying about the vacuuming situation I decided to join them. No, there are no pictures of me demonstrating penguin dance. And yes, I did have to vacuum. Correction... Doug vacuumed.
4. I took the kids shopping this morning and I'm happy to say that I managed to shop in Home Sense with both kids and still avoid major disaster. The promise of visiting the toy section proved to be all the bribery I needed.
5. I had a proud mommy moment-- as we were exiting Home Sense Caleb had to put back the toy truck he had been holding... I could tell that he REALLY wanted the truck. But he managed to keep his cool, quietly put it back on the shelf, and walk away. When we got back into the car he pulled his hat down over his eyes and had a good cry-- the thought of another boy buying the truck was pretty devastating. But he managed to pull himself together... the thought of snacks in Costco sure helped.
6. This was the first time I've let both kids ride up front in the cart. I was THAT mom... constantly giggling, exclaiming over how cute they were, taking pictures, etc.
7. As you may or may not have noticed-- I've been taking pictures of the kids with my new iphone :) It's way too much fun... now that I have a camera with me everywhere I go... watch out.
8. I had a teenage girl tell me that she liked my jacket while we were shopping this morning. Apparently my mom on the go, post baby, only shop online and at Superstore to avoid malls with 2 kids at all costs wardrobe isn't as lame as I thought. Sweet!
9. As I was walking in the front door I discovered the first spring time bloom in my front flower bed.
10. Then I checked the mail and saw that I got a new magazine in the mail. Now the kids are napping, I'm drinking coke zero, and the sun is shining. It's a good day :)