But, it is actually looking a bit more like Christmas around here. Remember my yet-to-do list from a while back? Now that it's December 23rd, let's see what I can check off on the Christmas Countdown list!!!
1. Building a gingerbread house-- Doug's pretty pumped about this one Done. Although it doesn't look pretty. We unfortunately were stuck with the broken gingerbread house at the Toews/Loewen gingerbread building extravaganza. Doug totally bailed on my half way through when the roof caved in. I persevered. She may not be pretty... but at least she's still standing!
2. We need to take the kids skating (Emerson will remain in her stroller :) This will occur once we arrive in Saskatchewan. Taking a three year old skating for the first time is already a disaster in and of itself-- why not do it in freezing temperatures to make it really fun? Let the games begin!
3. I'd like to decorate Caleb's room with some of the ornaments he's created... since they're too scary for my tree. Done. Caleb's room is decorated-- complete with lights. He is only allowed to have the lights on during nap time. When it comes to night time, he knows better. There would be severe consequences to turning on Christmas lights in the middle of the night. severe.
Oh look. It's alien angel.
4. A few more batches of Christmas cookies need to be made Done. They're gone. I'm just too hungry when I'm home alone with the kids.
5. Christmas shopping needs to be completed Done and done. They're also all wrapped and ready to go. Don't even get me started on how
painful and frustrating extremely fun it is to wrap gifts with a three year old HELPING you. When I say helping, I mean grab the tape and run away every time I need it. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
6. I think we need to have a family Christmas movie night... possibly The Polar Express? Nope. But Caleb and I watched Ice Age tonight. Kind of festive. There's ice.
7. Many more Christmas crafts will need to be accomplished. Big fat no.
8. And, I shall continue to enjoy many more Christmas beverages from Starbucks :) Big fat YES!!! Yesterday... Caramel Brule saved the day :)
And while I'm at it, I'll throw a cute little of picture of Emerson into the mix.
Here's my happy four (yes FOUR!) month girl-- pre-pink eye.