Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like... pink eye?!

Yup, pink eye strikes again.  Caleb had it two weeks ago.  Now both kids have it.  Nice.  When you think about it, it's actually a pretty festive infection-- red watery eyes... green crusty boogers smeared all over the surrounding eye area... enough said.  Unfortunately, Caleb's allergic to the polysporin drops (this we discovered last time around) and wee little Emerson is too young to have them, so we are just supposed to wait it out!

But, it is actually looking a bit more like Christmas around here.  Remember my yet-to-do list from a while back?  Now that it's December 23rd, let's see what I can check off on the Christmas Countdown list!!!

1.  Building a gingerbread house-- Doug's pretty pumped about this one  Done.  Although it doesn't look pretty.  We unfortunately were stuck with the broken gingerbread house at the Toews/Loewen gingerbread building extravaganza.  Doug totally bailed on my half way through when the roof caved in.  I persevered.  She may not be pretty... but at least she's still standing!


2.  We need to take the kids skating (Emerson will remain in her stroller :)  This will occur once we arrive in Saskatchewan.  Taking a three year old skating for the first time is already a disaster in and of itself-- why not do it in freezing temperatures to make it really fun?  Let the games begin!


3.  I'd like to decorate Caleb's room with some of the ornaments he's created... since they're too scary for my tree.  Done.  Caleb's room is decorated-- complete with lights.  He is only allowed to have the lights on during nap time.  When it comes to night time, he knows better.  There would be severe consequences to turning on Christmas lights in the middle of the night.  severe.

Oh look.  It's alien angel. 

4.  A few more batches of Christmas cookies need to be made  Done.  They're gone.  I'm just too hungry when I'm home alone with the kids.

5.  Christmas shopping needs to be completed  Done and done.  They're also all wrapped and ready to go.  Don't even get me started on how painful and frustrating extremely fun it is to wrap gifts with a three year old HELPING you.  When I say helping, I mean grab the tape and run away every time I need it.  EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

6.  I think we need to have a family Christmas movie night... possibly The Polar Express?  Nope.  But Caleb and I watched Ice Age tonight.  Kind of festive.  There's ice.

7.  Many more Christmas crafts will need to be accomplished.  Big fat no.

8.  And, I shall continue to enjoy many more Christmas beverages from Starbucks :)  Big fat YES!!!  Yesterday... Caramel Brule saved the day :)

And while I'm at it, I'll throw a cute little of picture of Emerson into the mix.
Here's my happy four (yes FOUR!) month girl-- pre-pink eye.


3 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

You have to wait out pink eye? I'll pray it goes away by the time you guys fly to Stoon

Charlotte said...

hey - just a thought - not sure if you're still nursing Emerson but if you are, you could put some expressed milk on both kids eyes - I hear it works great since breast milk is full of antibodies and bacteria killing cells :D Hope they recover soon!

Bonnie said...

Merry Christmas Toews family!
Hope the pink eye heals up SOON.
I'd say you did pretty good with such a big "yet-to-do" list. Not bad at all. At least you got the most important one done.... the last one ;) Nice choice!