As some of you may already know, Doug was off from work for a few weeks as he strained his back at work. He's back on the job now as his back is slowly starting to heal. While I was still at work however, Doug and Caleb would spend the days together and I would often come home to discover interesting things. I've come to realize that for some reason boys seem to do things a bit differently than us girls. (Did it really take me that long to figure it out?) Here are a few of my observations:
1. Bacon and breakfast sausage alone are in fact a complete meal. And the grease splattered all over the stove, counters, and floor? Totally not a big deal...
2. Contrary to popular belief, the best way to clean a toaster is not to take it outside and shake out the crumbs... nope, not even close. You take it down to your garage and blow the heck out of it with your air compressor. Any other way is simply inefficient and ineffective.
3. Hotdogs can be fully cooked in the microwave in just a few seconds... and then enjoyed by children young and old. Whenever I question this practice, I am always reminded that the package does say "All beef"... whatever that means.
4. What do you do when you have lots of free time on your hands? You take all the sharp blades and knives in your house out to be sharpened... of course.
5. Who needs a daytimer or calendar when you have the Fifa World Cup Soccer schedule tacked onto the fridge?
6. Swimming in the pool = bath time.
7. Kids clothing can do double duty. At bedtime, just rip off Caleb's shorts leaving just his T shirt.... instant pajamas.
8. And.... sometimes the way Daddy does things is just more fun. Caleb's still upset each morning when he realizes that Daddy has already left for work.
Now you may be thinking... what have I learned through this experience? Just gotta relax... and learn to enjoy processed meat.
Up until this point in my pregnancy, I haven't been too concerned with whether we have a boy or girl... now I'm starting to lean towards a girl... starting to feel a bit outnumbered :)