Monday, June 18, 2007

My Weekend Report

I hope everyone else had a good weekend! Doug and I had a pretty busy one, but it was good nonetheless. On Saturday Erik and Micah came over to help Doug out with some electrical work that needed to be done in our place. Erik helped Doug install a couple light fixtures, while Micah and I had a great time playing. He sure had a good time jumping on Auntie's bed. I think he was more excited when I came and jumped with him. It must have looked pretty hilarious, a 6 1/2 month pregnant woman jumping on the bed. No wonder he was laughing and shouting "Jump Auntie Elissa, jump!"

He also got some valuable hours of coloring in. He's working pretty intently on that picture.

Sunday was busy for Doug and I, since we were leading worship at our church. Even though it can be a long morning of setting up, taking down, etc. it still was fun to play and was a meaningful morning of worship for us. We also managed to hang out with friends during the afternoon, make a trip to Home Depot to research some options of for replacing our shower (it's going to be a big project!), and spent some time and Mom and Dad Toews' for Father's Day. Today, I ended up taking the afternoon off from work to go get my hair done. My hairdresser (the best one ever) it leaving on holidays for several weeks, so I had to fight to get an appointment, but I managed to squeeze one in. Even though I may feel uncomfortable, large, and tired of being pregnant at times, I can at least have great hair! Don't you think? Here's a couple pictures of the finished product.





I think this week will fly by pretty quickly. I have a full day of work tomorrow, Wednesday is a day of meetings, Thursday the girls and I are being sent to the spa for the day by our boss (yeah!) and on Friday, Doug and leave for Saskatchewan! We will be there for the weekend and fly home on Monday night. Even though it's a short trip, it will be nice to get away and see my family. Well, that's it for now! Hopefully I'll see some of you Saskatchewan folk this weekend!

9 comments:

Charlotte said...

Beautiful! The haircut is great! Hope you have a good weekend away and enjoy the spa!!! ...i recommend a pedicure :)

Anonymous said...

I also say great hair, I wish mine would look that good. I am so excited for this weekend, it will be great to be all together again.See you then. Love Mom

KDees said...

Ok, how awesome a boss do you have?!?!?!

KDees said...

And, great hair cut by the way!

Bonnie said...

Your hair looks fabulous Elissa! But then again, you always look good! Have an awesome time in SK and please give Scamms a HUGE hug for me on her wedding day. We wanted to be there SO badly but with our trip to Europe, it just couldn't happen. Wish them all the best for us!

{ as we know it } said...

Beautiful hair, beautiful woman, overall a beautiful prego lady! Luke and I are going to the wedding too, so maybe we'll see you there?? I would love to give you a big hug...it's been way too long!

Anonymous said...

Love you hair! I want it!
I also want a job where my boss sends me to the spa! lucky!!

Say hello to everyone at TLC for me!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Great hair. I know when being pregnant having a nice hair cut makes you feel a little more attractive. Now that I am not pregnant I realize that being pregnant is beautiful.

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Hi...I was so sad that I didn't get a chance to say hi this last weekend at Tim and Erica's wedding and my Tim told me later you were even at camp! I totally would have come down if I had know :( Anyways I hope you had a great weekend visiting with family! Next time you are out we'll have to catch up! Take care!