Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Kantha Throws

I spotted this gorgeous kantha throw on pinterest.


I followed the link and discovered a great little Canadian based company called dignify that sells one of a kind kantha throws and other goods.  Love their products.  Love their story and what they stand for.  Think I might have to do a little shopping on their site one of these days!

Their kantha throws are gorgeous.  I already have two that I purchased from West Elm a while back and love them.  

This one lives in the living room... Emerson is starting to enjoy snuggling up under the "pretty" blanket.  I don't blame her... I love pretty blankets too!


And the other more "boyish" looking one lives on the end of Caleb's bed.


If I would have heard about this company a few months ago-- I would have done my shopping there!  If you're looking for a unique item for your home (or are possibly scouting out a potential mother's day present for yourself) I'd check out dignify...

5 comments:

modern jane said...

Thanks so much for sharing this source! Such beautiful things and I love nothing more than finding new Canadian companies!

Renee Heinrich said...

I love these blankets! A friend of mine here in India has one and I asked her where I could get one of my own...turns out there are a few companies doing a similar thing!

The place she got hers is called Sari Bari. They are based out of the US, so it's nice to have a Canadian alternative! Their website is www.saribari.com. So happy to see women being equipped and empowered to live a life of freedom.

Now to choose which blanket! :)

Anonymous said...

The throw I bought from Dignify is so long, I no longer have to decide whether to cover my feet or my shoulders when I lay down on the couch! I love mine so much (it was a gift), I'm picking up two for housewarming gifts tomorrow. I love that it also supports women and allows them the dignity to be employed, away from the sex trade.

Manju G said...

LOVE all of these kantha quilts, so beautifully produced and perfect for cold weather. Such a beautiful blog you wrote.

You can find some more on my etsy shop as well

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JaipurHandloom

http://www.etsy.com/listing/155774412/vintage-kantha-quilt-kantha-throw-kantha?ref=shop_home_active

http://www.etsy.com/listing/155841039/cotton-cushionthrow-cushioncushion?ref=shop_home_active

Kantha Throw said...

There are so many colors available in kantha throw.actually it represents the category of kantha like yellow,red,blue,purple.