Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It's just paint

I've got some great new stuff to post about... only no photos... yet.  In the meantime, let me share the most amazing budget kitchen reno I've ever seen.  I saw this one a while back, and it gets me every time.  Here's the before...


Instead of doing a major overhaul these people used a little paint, a new tile backsplash, new countertops, and some awesome accessories to get this...





Amazing.  I love it when people can re-use and re-purpose what they've got instead of doing a complete (and expensive) gut job.  You can read more about it (and see more pictures!) here...

2 comments:

kathleen marie said...

I love it!
I really like how they raised the cabinets and added the lower shelving - that space between the top of the cabinets and the ceiling seems better utilized this way!

Bonnie said...

LOVE THIS!! We re-did our townhouse kitchen a few years ago, on a budget. It helped that I was working for a kitchen company at the time and we were able to re-use our original cabinetry (just got it re-stained) and the fact that I had previously worked for Ben Moore (and got the paint SUPER cheap) :) Less than $900 later and it was like new. So I totally LOVE stuff like this.
GORGEOUS.