Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer Begins...


Well, it's been about three months since my last post-- let's just say it's been a busy 3 months!! We sold our condo, bought a house, moved twice, I had surgery-- finally we've had some time to enjoy the HOT weather we've had here in BC. Last weekend we caught the Saturday early morning ferry to Vancouver Island. We had a great weekend visiting with friends and relaxing! Caleb was particularly excited about the big boat-- Here we are 6:30 in the morning-- Caleb all smiles as we left Horseshoe Bay...





Caleb spent quite a bit of time digging in the sand at the beach... we all joined in on the fun and spent a few hours digging for clams-- fun to dig, not so great to eat :(



We have really enjoyed our backyard over the last few weeks. When it gets too hot be in the house, we head to the backyard and play in the pool and the sprinklers.




I turn my back for one second, and Caleb takes my coke-- just like his dad.



And this is what I'll be doing all summer-- trying to figure out how to keep plants alive! Having a green thumb is not something I'm known for... but I'm trying my best!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elissa,
Thanks for the update. Caleb has certainly grown and matured since I saw him last Feb. Looks like your back yard is the place to be. Can't wait to see you all later this summer and enjoy a Coke with Caleb and the rest of you!
Dad

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Caleb has changed so much since your last post! He is so cute and looks like such a little boy and not a baby! What a sweetie. Sounds like life has been crazy for you but it is nice to hear how you are doing. I have missed your posts.

Jonny said...

Great post, Elissa...except you lied about the clams, they tasted great

Bonnie said...

Its really great to see you're back! I've missed hearing how things are going and seeing how much your little guy has grown--- and WOW, has he EVER grown up! :) Very cute pictures!!
All the best with the plants. Definitely not my strong point either so I'll be proud of you even if you can just keep one alive ;)

Anonymous said...

So good to see updated photos. What a great looking family! Hope you're enjoying your new home. I hope to see pictures of it one day. Maybe I'll see you at grad.
Auntie "B"

Dan and Lynn said...

Thanks for the update! Your little guy sure is getting big - he's such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see some new pictures of you guys! Caleb really has grown over these past few months! Only 1 more week and we'll be out there with you guys, we can't wait to see you! (and Coldplay)
Angela

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I was finally rewarded for faithfully checking your blog! Hope to see you at the end of June.
Aunt Linda

Kirsten said...

Great to see you guys this week-end! So fun that you can have a summer enjoying your new backyard (and family in town!)

Gina said...

I can't believe how big he's getting! WOW! What a little sweetheart!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Yeah a new post! I bet you are just loving having a yard. Now when we come over the boys will have room to run and explore together! Looking forward to hanging out more in the fall.

Anonymous said...

Great news about your new home! Have fun getting settled. We will just miss seeing you in Saskatoon as we are going in July. Heard a rumor that you now have a Mac computer. Can we do an ichat sometime (Owen wants to show Caleb his hamster)? Can't believe Caleb is almost two! Have a great summer.
Aunt Char