Sunday, December 17, 2006

I Win...

Just for today, I think I can claim the title of the "best wife in the world". (according to Doug anyway.) For months Doug has been talking about how he really, really wants to get an electric guitar. Whenever I would ask him what he wanted for Christmas he would say an electric guitar, but I always said it would definitely be out of our price range. However, since his birthday and Christmas are so close, I decided to go for it. About a month and a half ago, Nate (Doug's brother) helped me pick out the perfect one, a Les Paul Epiphone. Well, Doug was certainly speechless. We wrapped up the guitar strings, and when he open them he just kept saying "no, no, you didn't." He was in disbelief. Here is a picture of the two of us enjoying his new gift.
As you may have already guessed, tonight was the Toews' family Christmas. Micah was very excited to help Keziah celebrate her first Christmas. Micah was also a great helper tonight. Not only did he distribute everyone's gifts, but also helped us unwrap all of them. (I must admit though, he did have a tough time giving up some of the gifts to their rightful owners.)
Here's one last picture of Doug and I. Happy (early) Christmas to everyone!!!



9 comments:

Janelle said...

ok, yes - you win! :)
i gotta think of something that good for Rodney!!

Bonnie said...

Nicely done Elissa! Looks like a sweet guitar. Hope you guys had/have a great Christmas! :)

Trev and Rebekah said...

What a happy looking couple. Way to surprise Doug. I still don't know what else to get Trev. When I ask he just says he doesn't need anything.

Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

You rock! I love your assertiveness!

betty said...

Eli! Hommie...Way to go! Tis the season to give your husband a guitar hey? Well...I'm not married but since Kathleen and I are technically commonlaw...haha. She doesn't get a guitar though!!
It was nice to hear from you on the blog, ps, Did you ever get the book I sent for your wedding?
Bettina

Anonymous said...

Nice work E.
Duggy, I hope you are shredding everyday with that bad boy. I got you a sweet present in Oman but I wont tell you what it is. OK fine its a knife. Can't wait to see you guys again!

Anonymous said...

Hey Elissa! It was so good to see you at Christmas, even though it was short! Good job on the guitar! Maybe someday I'll be able to think of something that good! And you're blog is awesome. You've inspired me to start one!

Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

Elissa - you have to write a new post! It is an order!

Jamie said...

Post Post Post Elissa - We're all waiting!!!